When I hear the screams of the crowd, I think it’s because I must look stunning. Then I notice something is rising up around me. Smoke. From fire. Not the flickery stuff I wore last year in the chariot, but something much more real that devours my dress. I begin to panic as the smoke thickens. Charred bits of black silk swirl in the air, and pearls clatter to the stage. Somehow I’m not afraid to stop because my flesh doesn’t seem to be burning and I know Cinna must be behind whatever is happening. So I keep spinning and spinning. For a split second I’m gasping, completely engulfed in the strange flames. Then all at once, the fire is gone. I slowly come to a stop, wondering if I’m naked and why Cinna has arranged to burn away my wedding dress. But I’m not naked. I’m in a dress of the exact same design of my wedding dress, only it’s the color of coal and made of tiny feathers. Wonderingly, I lift my long, flowing sleeves into the air, and that’s when I see myself on the television screen. Clothed in black except for the white patches on my sleeves. Or should I say my wings. Because Cinna has turned me into a mockingjay.
(Source: asilverliningforthegirlonfire)Via the chatterbox
"Oxygen main, left hemisphere-critical levels. Operating at 15% capacity. 10% capacity. 5%--"
"He's giving her his oxygen." "Right hemisphere oxygen is-"
"It's okay now, Mako." "-critical levels."
"We did it. I can finish this alone. All I have to do is fall. Anyone can fall.""Anyone can fall."
(Source: failsafeparoxysm)Via Seanan's Tumblr
i can’t stress enough how language is defined by its use
you’re not really misusing a word if you’re using it in its most popular definition because there’s no way i could tell anyone that something is “terrific” and have EVERYONE KNOW THAT I MEAN IT INSPIRES TERROR GOD YOU’RE ALL SOOOOO STUPID
clinging to archaic definitions and being a language purist in general is so dumb for real like 50% of our language now is butchered latin mixed with shakespearean chatspeak
(Source: deckthecobralls)Via Sean's Tumblr. Now with less woozles.
In Bnei Brak, an Israeli city whose population is mostly ultra-orthodox, there is a disturbing phenomenon - advertising signs with images of women on them are being ripped by ultra-orthodox men who believes that women should only be shown dressed modestly enough. The sleeves must cover the elbows, skirts must hide the knees and hair should be hidden as well.
The Israeli advertising agency “Twisted" decided to use that habit, and created a poster that hides another poster under it. 24 hours after the sign was hanged, the picture of the model was ripped and the message was exposed:
International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
oh that’s brilliant.
This is beautiful.
Why the hell is there a gif for THAT
Have yourself a Dalek little christmas…
(Source: thisblogcouldbemoresonic)Via What?
- “Eat” the damn Play-doh cookies.
- Slurp the invisible soup.
- Pretend that they’re not causing grievous bodily harm as they “brush” your hair.
- Always be serious when asked what you’d like for dinner, and never say something silly like rabbit soup. Because they will go get their stuffed one off the bed, put it in your best pot, and fill said pot with water. Then place it on your desk.
- Greet their make believe friends and ask how their day was.
- Always kiss the teddy bear goodnight. It has feelings too.
- Always pretend to die when they shoot you.
- If you are having a fake war with them and you shoot them and they say they can’t die because they are invincible, you don’t shoot them again, because they are invincible.
- Yes, their drawing does look like a butterfly, not a bunch of jumbled up lines.
- Them pounding on the piano is the best thing you have ever heard.
no but seriously it’s very important to a child’s development to not be shut down by parents and other caregivers
(Source: niknak79)Via Sean's Tumblr. Now with less woozles.
someone is throwing snowballs at my window. maybe it’s a guy coming to confess his love to me
it was my brother..
I want to know how many people are reblogging this without understanding why the coffee’s there
(Source: madsdanishpastry)Via Miss Cellaneous